A word about X-rays
Necessary radiographs are an essential part of any dental exam. Our office follows ADA guidelines in the taking of dental radiographs. The amount of radiation exposure you receive at a dental office is minimal. We will drape you with lead aprons to further minimize exposure.
Perio Screening Scores
A perio screening score is a simple, painless test for early detection of periodontal (gum) disease. This test is performed by your dental hygienist to assess the health of your gums. The assessment is performed as part of your periodic oral examination during your cleaning appointment.
Don't Wait Till It Hurts
Periodontal disease is painless. It affects 87% of the population, and often victims are unaware. There are warning signs, and the American Dental Association and our staff want you to be aware.
• Do your gums bleed when you brush your teeth or toothpick between them?
• Are your gums red, swollen, or tender?
• Are your gums pulling away from your teeth?
• Do you see pus between your teeth and your gums when the gums are pressed?
• Are your permanent teeth loose or separating?
• Is there any change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite?
• Is there any change in the fit of your partial dentures?
• Do you have bad breath?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, you owe it to yourself to bring it to the attention of your dentist or hygienist. Act now and keep your teeth for a lifetime.