Nowadays, there are so many options to choose from when it comes to wanting whiter teeth. You probably will have a few questions when thinking about this process – including how long will this take? All of the different options have their pros and cons and the length of time will ultimately vary depending on the patient. This includes what type of treatment they choose, and what has discolored the teeth. One method can take as quick as 60 minutes and others can take up to a few weeks. Let’s look more into this.
Common Ways To Whiten Your Teeth
- Getting your teeth professionally whitened is the safest, fastest, and most effective way to whiten your teeth. The procedure can take anywhere from 60-90 minutes and patients leave with 2-3 shades lighter teeth.
- UV lights paired with gel are all the rage. The gel is normally peroxide-based and is used alongside a UV light. The light activates the peroxide and expedites the whitening process. If used every day, you can see results within 10-14 days.
- Another commonly used method is whitening strips. These are not always the best for sensitive teeth. They also require a commitment to wearing them for 1-2 hours every day for 2-3 weeks.
- Whitening toothpaste is extremely accessible now. You can go to any drugstore to find a well-liked whitening toothpaste. The toothpaste contains enzymes that eliminate stains with a toothbrush. If this is used twice a day, results can range anywhere from 2-6 weeks.
- Whitening rinses are known to take the longest when you’re looking for results. Try using a rinse for a few minutes every day for the best results.
Whitening Options at Greeley Dental Health
Greeley Dental Health offers both in-office and take-home teeth whitening options. The in-office option only takes one visit for 60-90 minutes, and the take-home option is to be used every day for 45 minutes for 2-5 weeks.
We offer a program called the Bright Rewards program that is available for a one-time enrollment fee of $99. Patients will be fitted for a bleaching tray, and receive two tubes of whitening gel. Patients will take home the trays and wear them every day. If you continue to come in for your regular cleanings, we will give patients more whitening gel to take home. For more information about our Bright Rewards Program and our in-office treatments, check out our whitening page.
Brighten Your Smile
If you’re thinking about a brighter smile, consider doing this professionally! Greeley Dental Health is currently accepting new patients, and we can work with you to determine the best option for you and your unique smile. Schedule your appointment online today.